AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Angus Red vs Black
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

t rock
Posted 3/8/2012 15:05 (#2275690 - in reply to #2275083)
Subject: Re: Angus Red vs Black

Tablerock Ranch eastern Wa
we run purebred angus, and red angus, and i love both breeds, had a red angus seedstock guy call last night who has a bull sharing a trailer ride out today from genex with a bull we just finished collecting we talked red genetics and that got me wanting to be a little more active in my reds again, we have been focusing on angus "black" for the last ten years, its always disapointing to watch a crumby pen of black hided calves come through the sale ring and get more money than a rippin set of red angus calves, this was the case last week on the superior auction on rfd tv , the delivery date was a little dif so it wasn't apples for apples, in my exp with the sale ring that until someone knows your calves the blacks will bring more , that being said lets keep in mind that a red cow with identical genetics will not qualify for "cert angus beef" while a black sim with no angus genetics will, GO FIGURE this has always rubbed me the wrong way. i hate sharing my angus rep with another breed using this market because of hair colar," i have no axe to grind with sim guys i like the sim breed" < disclaimer
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)