AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yellow Lab, (dog machinery)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

agronomydave
Posted 1/17/2012 13:20 (#2167320 - in reply to #2167279)
Subject: Re: Yellow Lab, (dog machinery)

Southcentral WI
My lab was about perfect at one year of age. Could be left alone in the house for a 12 hour day if need be with no mess or destruction, can be left outside all day without leaving the yard and no underground fence or chain to hold him there. Still has his balls yet too. But I trained him to be the dog I wanted. He's an excellent duck dog, pheasant dog too. It's in my opinion that people with unruly dogs did little to change their pattern of behavior to start, when they had their best chance. A wise man once said an unruly dog has a lazy owner. I've come to learn that with dogs, if you don't put the time in while they are young, you are going to have a misfit on your hands. The older the dog, the more intense the work needed to correct their training. To this day my yellow lab is about perfect, knows his boundaries, doesn't roam, doesn't fight with other dogs. I can tell with other people how involved they are with their dogs when we hunt, which listen, which obey, which rarely break training. It's amazing how close dogs and kids really are.....

Edited by agronomydave 1/17/2012 13:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)