AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Midwest Striptill Expo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

joeatdawn
Posted 8/1/2007 13:46 (#181344 - in reply to #181324)
Subject: Re: Midwest Striptill Expo

Sure. Perhaps I can clarify a bit. Our tool is really a seed bed preparation device. Because of its design it will resist the tendency to slab and be very cloddy when the soil is still very wet. The swirl device is very important in this regard. Because of this it is possible in many instances to take a field that is really not fit to plant- run through it, create fertilized and highly tilled strips, which then dry out very rapidly. Often this will allow for earlier planting. Please refer to the videos on our website. Most of these show spring strip till. More will be posted soon.
You can run our unit in situations where a knife would make a mess out of the field. You also don't have to worry about the "valley instead of berm" phenomena. A key point when I hear the statement "the conditions are better in the Fall" is that this is generally in reference to soil conditions and certainly bears in mind more traditional tillage tools. For us the soil condition is not really as relevant as the RESIDUE conditions- definitely when you are growing continuous strip till corn.
It has taken a while to get to the point where we can handle the soil conditions that we now feel comfortable with. I think you sort of have to be pragmatic because even in my little experience I see that ideal conditions rarely exist. The Pluribus ("out of one, many") Unit is made to give you options and to give as much utility to the user as possible. Almost anyone who was out at the field demos could have met up with an actual Pluribus user who could relay their own experience. This was a great feature of this event. Thanks, JDB

Edited by joeatdawn 8/1/2007 16:09
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)