AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Midwest Striptill Expo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

joeatdawn
Posted 8/1/2007 12:41 (#181319 - in reply to #181300)
Subject: Re: Midwest Striptill Expo

I enjoyed chatting with so many users at the Waterloo demo. Feeback from users and having users who are willing to push the envelope is so important for me. These are excellent events, I just wish there was more space to run. And I wish there could be sweet corn trash or something. It is hard to see how things operate in 200ft. We were out of adjustment on the first pass but got it dialed in for the second. Jim and I were discussing how it seems like the tillage "dialouge" is shifting a bit from where it has been over the past few years. There is a book "The Structure of Scientific Revolutions" by Thomas Kuhn which may provide an interesting way of looking at what is going on in tillage technology.

Some things confuse me, which may just be ignorance on my part. For instance, so many farmers insist that strip till must be done in the fall, yet most of these same guys are more than happy to run other tools across the field pre plant in the spring. Especially in continuous corn applications. Similarly people who run a field cultivator shallower than you would run our strip till unit will express the feeling that the strip till unit needs to run 12 inches deep. It doesn't follow for me. Interested to know what the basis for these ideas are. Please help me understand.

JDB

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)