AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

video game generation
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

dekalbnebraska
Posted 9/12/2011 13:49 (#1958981 - in reply to #1956670)
Subject: Re: video game generation

Kentland Indiana
I think it has everything to do with parenting. I am 28 and grew up with an original Nintendo. Dad had plenty of expectations for us to get things done on the farm as he had a job in town as well. Sure, playing a game here and there was fun to do, but we realized early on that the satisfaction of playing video games all day did not outweigh the consequences of playing video games all day.
Now grown up, I have three children under four years old. They love watching movies, but they already know that doing it all day, or choosing to do that instead of obeying will not be tolerated. I don't think the conversation can be limited to just video games as you see people of all ages addicted to iPad's and other electronic devices.
As far as the hard work, that has to be instilled by parents. A child is not just going to pick up and start working hard because they want to. If it is an expectation of the parents, then the child may do so without complaint for the fear of disappointing their parent can sometimes far outweigh any punishment you can give.
Just my two cents, maybe three!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)