AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

in floor heat - help
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

69Cat
Posted 6/10/2011 16:45 (#1812828 - in reply to #1812816)
Subject: RE: in floor heat - help

I did similar. Vapour barrier with Tyvek tape to seal the seams. Then 2" Celfort 200 insulation. 15mm rebar on 12" centers put up on pieces of cement brick to get 2-3" off insulation then tied the tubing to the rebar on 12" spacing. For 1/2" they recommend limiting runs to 300' otherwise I believe you get too much resistance to water flow (ie turbulence) and probably therefore more pumping losses. If your loops vary in length then you regulate flow at the manifold to even out the heating so they don't HAVE to be the same length. I ran my hot side of each loop nearest to the cold zones (walls, doors) then snaked back and forth to use up the rest of the loop.

You can use a type of foam board glue in a caulking gun to glue the insulation sheets together as they are a ship-lap edge. I used about 12 tubes for the 6 bundles (12 2x8' sheets) I just did last weekend.

Use plain old cheap as you can find plastic cable ties to fasten the tubing to the rebar about every 3 to 4' so the tubing doesn't float up when the cement is poured. Took about 3 hours to put in 3 x 300' of tubing in 1100 sq ft the other day. Can also use rebar wire ties too.

Many ways to do it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)