AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody build a new school lately?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

marbro1
Posted 4/10/2011 19:15 (#1717988 - in reply to #1717957)
Subject: Re: Anybody build a new school lately?

Southwest Iowa
Yeah, I mentioned to somebody the day of the vote that I would feel alot better about the outcome if it would've been just a 50% yes count. That extra 10% sure seems like a mountain to climb.

Yes, there was a mass mailing that went out to everyone in the district. There was also one that everybody got a week before the vote telling why they should vote no. That one is what probably upset me the most about the situation since the guy who did it was against it from day 1, was to every meeting and informational deal we had, and yet his mailing was FULL of misinformation. For the people who were leaning either way or didn't make it to any meetings, his mailing could've swung some votes in the wrong direction. It's one thing to voice your opinion and say why you think you should vote no. It's another to mislead people with figures that are no where close to the actual ones being talked about.

It'll be interesting to see what they'll change before they try again next year and if we can convince 8% more of the population to vote in favor for it
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)