AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GREAT RESPONSE TO MY TRUCK POST, NOW MY NEXT QUESTION WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN I GO LOOK AT THESE TRUCK
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Tim in WI
Posted 4/13/2007 07:40 (#135772 - in reply to #135721)
Subject: If

Embarrass WI

If you don't have "connections", or aren't in just the right spot at just the right time, and mostly look on dealer's lots for a truck, then, yeah, you're gonna pay "full retail plus some markup". A lot of guys don't have the experience, and the confidence that comes with that experience, to buy a fixer-upper or one that looks a little ratty. Those are the deals, often they don't need anything done to them to use but-now and then one will blow up in your face.

If you think that a dealer truck is reconditioned and "better", and believe that then you won't have any unforseen repairs, you might pay dealer price. The only difference in the truck is probably an overpriced paint job(DuPont Overhaul) and the dealer markup.

For my sake, a farm truck doesn't have to look all that good. Presentable, yes. Show-ready, maybe not.

Same like used cars. The only real difference between the clunker your neighbor has for sale and the shiny one on the dealer's lot is a wax job.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)