AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GREAT RESPONSE TO MY TRUCK POST, NOW MY NEXT QUESTION WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN I GO LOOK AT THESE TRUCK
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

RodInNS
Posted 4/12/2007 10:38 (#135225 - in reply to #134751)
Subject: RE: Dear Sir: I have looked. Please post such trucks.

If I get some time this evening, I'll look them up and post some links. I've been seeing them all winter in the trader.The mileage is more likely to be in the 750 range, and they're more than likely to have had some major engine work done by that time, but they're still good solid trucks. Honestly, most of them are on dealers lots, and there are no prices listed. Tires will probably be in the 30 % range on a lot of them.
I've got a 9400 that I bought 2 years ago last week, N14-435, 13 speed, highway specs, 48" flat top bunk. It was at 1341000 KM, good paint, virgin tires at 30%, recently had 9 grand in the engine at that dealership. They asked 15. I offered 10, and they took it without too much cock and bull.
A good buddy of mine bought a 9200 around the same time. He got an M11 and a super 10, and good tires with poor paint, otherwise quite similar. He bought it from the jaws of death for 9 grand. Mine needed a safety sticker which required a windsheild on one side, 1 chamber, and 2 butt connectors on a tail light. Twas about 10,3 by the time it was on the road. This one also had a take off bunk which adds to the price here because they get taken off and used for dump conversions, which is exactly what I did, and why I wanted that truck.
Again, I'll look later on tonight, but I don't think it'll be hard to find a half dozen little century's or that type of light tractor for under 10 grand. Probably won't find a KW, Pete, Mack or Star for that kind of money, but most any of the other FreightLiner, International and Volvo derivitaves should be had for that.

Rod
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)