AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gerald J you are addressing my greatest fear.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hay Wilson in TX
Posted 4/12/2010 17:22 (#1160020)
Subject: Gerald J you are addressing my greatest fear.

Little River, TX
That some certified authentic authority will dictate the finer points to be followed in Agriculture regardless of climate or soil considerations.

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=161480&mid=115...

Your Senator just may be a knowledgeable farmer who understands the in's and out's of farming in his back yard. The problem comes when some one with just enough knowledge to be dangerous has a position of authority.
It is not just the federal level that we must fear. I understand Iowa has some rules that say no anhydrous can be applied if the temperature is above some magic level. That it has been decided that no soils in are deficient in molybdenum in the entire state of Iowa. Irregardlessly if you do not mind a humorous redundancy.
Here we have a mother syndrome with a fertilizer company. Just try to use your best judgement on the amount of boron to apply to alfalfa. This same company refuses to sell just plain Urea, it has to be a Sulfur Urea or nothing.
A neighbor, a Working Farmer with a PHD in Agronomy, agreed to be a consultant to the EPA in Washington. The knowledge level of the cadre of PhD in house authorities, more than three generations removed from farming, was dismal. I expect the fourth generation is now firmly in place.

Your mentioning Black Soils is intriguing seeing I am officially in the Texas Blacklands, with a calcareous, high CEC Clay soil.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)