AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Trimble 332 XP - NMEA to GS2 Problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

brahe
Posted 3/10/2010 19:31 (#1114227 - in reply to #1113332)
Subject: Thank You - What's the Solution?

NC IA
Thanks to all for the great info so far. Sounds like more than a few of you have pulled your hair out over this. At least I'm not the first one to run into it - makes me feel a little better.

So more than likely the problem is the decimal precision of the NMEA output, and I think we've come to the conclusion that we can't change that on the 332? More thoughts below:

Step 1. Connect a different/older NMEA GPS to the GS2 and see if we can get it to work. At least then we know the cabling works....
Step 2. Turn RTS/CTS off on 332. Pretty sure I've tried that both ways.
Step 3. Does the input setting on Port A matter if nothing is hooked up to it for input? I can set it to None I suppose just to eliminate problems.....
Step 3. Have tried the NMEA Quality both ways - Report True Quality and Limit at DGPS without success - but we will try it again set to Limit at DGPS to see if we can make it work.

Precision Shop - you mentioned a work around - maybe involving sending NMEA out of the NAV controller?? I'm all ears there. If you'd rather email my address is in my profile.

Again - thanks everyone for the help. This forum is a great place to learn.

Ben
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)