AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

high yielding soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mlebrun
Posted 3/4/2010 09:27 (#1104517 - in reply to #1104386)
Subject: Re: high yielding soybeans

SW MN and Gold Canyon AZ
I do not deal with anything later than 2.5 mat.
The deal is , is that there is always new lines coming, why not plant them before everyone else gets them ?? By the time new lines come out of SA they have already been tested against older lines both agronomics and yield on several yrs testing in multiple locations multiple reps. Its not rocket science its picking what yields more. Do the yields go straight up , no, but a steady progression higher. You can't get the TOP yield unless you plant the best line.
Ed , you have to remember that some SA production comes from a tropical climate, subject to weather just like we had last fall. SA production has only been going on for maybe 10 yrs now (not sure exact) It has gotten better. With proper treatmnent I feel real cofindent planting it.
Maybe the latter no's come from a diffferent area in SA than the 1.9 lines. Quality has been really good over the last 5 yrs and had zero problems.If the new lines show they are better I will plant them and try to get those lines to my customers as fast as possible with the data to prove thye are better.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)