AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fungicide/insecticide use this year
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 3/3/2010 07:00 (#1102584)
Subject: Fungicide/insecticide use this year

In my area (ECIL) it seems fungicide/insecticide use is going into the 'nobrainer' camp on beans and maybe backing off a little on the corn. I've done a little on corn for the last 2 years with some good response - could be up to 20bpa, but I'm not sure it was the only factor. Guys around me did some trials and the average was a 6 bpa increase in beans. I've been applying some insecticide most years to beans if there is even a hint of aphids. The numbers might be a little bigger than what would be a long term average, but it does suggest the effect is significant and pays.

As I post this I'm debating on prepaying for fungicides/insecticides for both soybeans and corn (stratego 12oz corn, 10oz beans + insecticide - sprayed myself). I'm wondering if the insecticide is doing most of the work with the fungicide providing more of a synergistic effect. I didn't see much yield gain with fungi's only in the past. Where do the fungi application rates really need to be? From some of my conversations on fungicides it seems that it's entirely clear what they do or how they effect the plant. I've been to the meetings and understand what's supposed to happen, but it seems the plant health effects might be more complex than just keeping a few fungus spores out.

What are you guys planning on for fungicide/insecticides?

Thanks,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)