AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

flexicoil aircart prescription mapping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

farmerwalt
Posted 1/19/2007 08:14 (#90887 - in reply to #90820)
Subject: Re: flexicoil aircart prescription mapping

Clifton Kansas
I believe when flexi-coil designed the system several years before New Holland owned part of them (came out in the middle 90's) the tack controller could only do one variable rate at a time. Then New Holland bought part of them and at that time New Holland had a contract with Agchem to sell a sprayer in there name. Because of this relationship they got rights to multi product variable rates at no $ fee. Then New Holland bought C-IH from Tenneco and formed CNH which owned a sprayer manufacture (I think it was Tyler) so they ended the AGChem contract but were able to keep the multi product rights. Then after they bought all of Flexi-Coil they dropped the concord line of air carts and painted the Flexi-Coil carts (CIH)red also (FORD)blue and also(Flexi-Coil) gray. I believe this is how they and where they are at today with the system. I believe that some day they will use one in cab computer box (or screen) to control all of their machine extra functions (yield, planter, baler, sprayer, air seeder, and log data from vehicle, plus more) but it is not totally released to us farmers yet.
I do not know if CNH's software is given to you when you buy a new task controller. I bought mine used (from a JD dealer) and added it in my system so I could log data from my sprayer and air cart. It should be able to read the data I don't know if you can write prescription with it ( the software is written by Agleader for NH).
I also think most aftermarket GPS software can read the files it makes (maybe even JED office because they did sell flexi-coil carts painted green) I think some one I know uses easisuites to read their data. To be able for the task controller to read the multi product files they must be added together correctly (as with all multi's) so I am told.

So you said JD can do prescription .
Do you write them in JD office or do you make them up in another program and transfer them to JD office?
Can they do them on their air cart yet? Last I heard they put that on the back burner to work on other more important software needs.
Also are you able to right multi product prescription for any of their tools (planter, sprayer, air seeder) yet ?

Walter

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)