AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

flexicoil aircart prescription mapping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mvisto
Posted 1/21/2007 15:56 (#92169 - in reply to #91381)
Subject: Re: flexicoil aircart prescription mapping

Southeast ND
Hi Macy,

I had to sign a non-disclosure contract to gain access to the file specification. It seems to me that Scott at Farmworks also had the specification because they have native support for the .pre files and the .tag files. The comment was that they haven't taken the time to do the .log file yet. That has been several years ago. Maybe the .pre and .tag was done in conjunction with you guys though. I will check with my contact at CNH to see about getting you the file specification. I will probably end up sending you his email address but I will check if that is OK first. The guy I have been working with was an original with Flexicoil and has been absolutely excellent.

You are right about Bob Benneweis. I did not realize that he was behind the ISO standard but he was definitely involved in the Flexcontrol development and the software files. When I first looked at the .log and .pre file specifications, I was just stunned at the thoroughness of the specs and the elegance of the file design. In case you are wondering, I have a degree in both agriculture and computer science. I know Farmworks has pretty much moved to the FODM system for working with external controllers. It sure would be nice to work with you guys to actually get a decent Flexicoil import/export system in place. If I can get you guys up with the file specs, I sure would like to be included in any planning/testing work that might need to be done.

Marty
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)