AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

flexicoil aircart prescription mapping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Macy
Posted 1/22/2007 06:14 (#92509 - in reply to #92496)
Subject: Field boundary accuracy?

Are you asking if a field boundary created from a lower end GPS system can be used successfully with an RTK based application unit?     In my experience, yes... this is really not a problem.  You find find that the boundary is off by as much as a couple of meters from an RTK boundary at some locations, but you are operating a machine that is usually at least 30 feet wide, and for many applications, much wider than that.  

The biggest issue you will have is crossing waterways with auto-boom stuff.  If you don't drive around the waterways first, it is possible that the waterway boundary from your ute might be off by a couple of meters, and this would cause the auto-boom to kick on while you are still in the waterway, or kick off before you get to it.   I think when you drive around the waterways, you are able to apply an extra "buffer" to the waterway side of your swath that would prevent a nozzle from kicking on when it extends past the area already sprayed (like swinging a boom over the edge of a field on the turn).

Other people on this forum are MUCH more qualified to address this than am I, though.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)