AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

flexicoil aircart prescription mapping
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 1/21/2007 16:34 (#92187 - in reply to #91856)
Subject: Zynx prescriptions......

Hillsboro, AL

I still have a Zynx controller (believe it is the X15 model) but we don't usually use it for variable rate work.  I ran it one time doing vrt, but it was a couple of years ago, so I am a bit rusty on the details.  The Zynx uses an image map (bmp I think) for prescriptions.  They had a utility on the unit that would convert shape files.  Their idea was for you to import your field image into MS Paint and create the prescription file there.  The rate was based on the color of the zone.  You assigned each rate a different color.  I had some problems converting the shape files to images and had to do some manual editing of them.

You could not have infinitely variable rates.  You had to have specific ranges.  To be perfectly honest with you I was not really that impressed with the VRT setup on the Zynx.  It was fairly simple and could be done without expensive software to create the maps (in fact prescription maps could be created in the controller if you hooked up a mouse and keyboard).  But it was not a very elegant system and it had definite draw backs. 

The data logging capabilities of the Zynx were very limited.  It would create a coverage map (I want to say it was an xml file) and there was a conversion utility to create shape files I think (I am very fuzzy on this).  But the log files were very limited in data and a coverage map was about all you could do with them.

The Zynx is a very nice controller.  We have done both liquid and dry control with it.  It was the guidance system of choice here when doing contours without assisted steering.  It was much easier to drive curves with the Zynx than with a light bar.  The Zynx has had autoboom control for over 2 years now.  I think it was the first unit sold in the US to have it.

Our unit is in our back up spray rig, so it does not see a high volume of use now.  We have a Trimble autopilot in the main sprayer and that gets most of the acres.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)