AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Our wonderful JD dealer (ICON AG)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

billonthefarm
Posted 11/10/2009 15:08 (#919375 - in reply to #919016)
Subject: RE: Our wonderful JD dealer (ICON AG)

Farmington IL
The farm equipment parts business isnt that much different from farming. There are a few peak weeks of operation. For a farmer you have a window to complete certain tasks in a timely manner. In the equipment business you have a certain number of chances to sell your services. If the dealership chooses not to be open on sundays then they run the chance of loosing some of those opportunities. The same as if I choose not to plant or harvest on a sunday I have a chance to loose money from delayed planting or harvest. I understand all of the arguments pro and con. Now just because I work seven days a week that doesnt mean I expect other people to do it because I do and I have no problem with business being closed on sunday or not staying open late hours. That being said, I greatly appreciate the dealerships that accomodate us during busy season by being open more and posting after hour phone numbers. I frequent the dealerships that stock the most parts, hire and train the best people and are overall the most accomodating by providing the best possible service. These business have earned my business, shown me they appreciate my business and that they have made the commitment to be there when I need them so I drive a few miles farther to these dealerships to make my purchases, parts, service and equipment instead of shopping with the not so accomodating dealerships. To each their own in how they conduct business but this is how I do business.

Edited by billonthefarm 11/10/2009 15:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)