AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Our wonderful JD dealer (ICON AG)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DeereMan85
Posted 9/13/2010 12:49 (#1357974 - in reply to #919016)
Subject: I work at ICON

Iowa
I know this thread is old, but I was reading this on lunch break and wanted to respond in case anyone views it again. I work at ICON, and the message you got is the default message when the store is unattended, which is always the case on Sunday mornings. The part you left out is that during the busy season, we are open 7am-7pm Monday-Saturday and 12pm-4pm on Sunday. Many times we are open longer than that, but those are the posted hours. If you had waited until noon that day, there would have been no charge. The $25 goes directly to the person on call to pay for mileage on their vehicle and to compensate them for their time. Many of our parts employees live 10+ miles from the store, so it is not a big money maker for anyone involved. The charge is not a way for us to screw the customer when they are in need, but rather to keep our employees fairly compensated and to help eliminate calls that could wait until we are open. I don't think that is unfair or excessive by any stretch of the imagination.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)