AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Statin drugs
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 12/31/2023 06:36 (#10549866 - in reply to #10549679)
Subject: Doctors are always right???????

Pittsburg, Kansas
Me too.

As a diabetic my family doctor (great guy, Desert Storm vet) told me it was a progressive disease. Would only get worse. Best outcome was to treat it and slow its onset. He prescribed two or three pills over time and eventually told me that the best outcomes were people that went on insulin so I did. Started out on just a scosh and over a period of years ended up at 4 shots a day with two different kinds of insulin. My doctor was absolutely right...................if you followed the standard medical protocol he was taught in medical school.

Fast forward 5 years ago come this coming February 1 when we listened to "the dreaded Youtube doctors". Here is a guy, well no a dozen different doctors and just run of the mill people, that had reversed their diabetes type II. The insulin shots I had taken for 20 or 25 years had made me fat (yes, insulin is a growth hormone. Anyone who goes on shots will invariably gain weight) and wife and I were sick of being fat and not able to move. My knees were giving out (hers already had and both been replaced) and the surgeon (after a steroid shot in one knee) said I would be also up for replacement in a year or two whenever I could no longer stand the pain.

So we listened to several of these "whacko internet doctors" that said we didn't have to be fat and I didn't have to have progressive diabetes degeneration. Really we started the low carb/ketogenic diet to lose weight. I didn't really have hope for anything else.

Well we proved my original doctor wrong. The next to the last visit with him (before he retired) I went in for a checkup. I had lost 100 pounds and wife about half that. He checked us both over (she was his patient too). Told him I was totally off insulin and all medications including diabetic and blood pressure (no longer needed them after about 6 months). He just shook his head and said "well, whatever you are doing it seems to be working so keep it up". It was totally out of his wheelhouse. He had never been taught (nor promoted by his drug reps) that diabetes type II could be reversed through diet. Yet the "internet doctors" were right. I did reverse it. 5 years now coming up February. So my regular doctor had given me horrible advice for the better half of my lifetime and a few internet doctors literally saved my life. A person can not believe how much better they feel a hundred pounds lighter.

The second doctor we proved wrong was my wife's knee surgeon. After my steroid injection he told me I would be about the same as my wife eventually. He was wrong. Within two weeks of diet change my knees got better. Not cured but better. I was down to carrying one scuba tank at a time up and down the steps because my knee was hurting. Within two weeks it felt better. In a whole month I was back to carrying two tanks at a time and do to this day. There those crazy "internet doctors" are curing people of things that can't be cured. HOW DARE THEY! as Gretta would say.

There is a whole list of other health improvements from skin tags going away to jock itch no longer bothering me. But I will not digress all that way. Bunch of improvements I have already forgotton about.

All because of listening to internet doctors (even though they were in opposition to what my "real" doctors told me) and crazy individuals like this:

https://m.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA&search_query=butter+bob+briggs

Edited by John Burns 12/31/2023 11:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)