AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Colonoscopy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

klemish
Posted 10/12/2022 21:08 (#9884211 - in reply to #9883326)
Subject: RE: Colonoscopy

NW Iowa
My mother came down with Colon cancer at age 60. She had regular colonoscopies since age 50 due to other family members having colon cancer. When she had her first and second colonoscopies (age 50 and 55) she had cancerous polyps removed. After her screening at age 60, she was found with cancer and underwent surgery and had 18” of her colon removed. It was all downhill from there for her. She passed away at age 64 after the cancer in her colon re-appeared along with spreading to her liver. This was in 1993. While many advancements have been made in cancer research since 1993, prevention is still key. I have had 4 procedures since I was 45 (due to family history), my last one this year was the first in 10 years as after changing Doctors, my new Dr did not believe it was necessary to have one every 5 years as I had been. I have my next one already scheduled in 5 years as again polyps we’re found and removed. The surgeon who did the colonoscopy scheduled it due to family history. While I have outlived my mother by almost 6 years already, I hope to outlive her by many more than that. Not all medical science is wrong.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)