AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to clean tile, deal with neighbor...what would you do?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

FFJR
Posted 6/16/2009 23:09 (#747842 - in reply to #747129)
Subject: RE: How to clean tile, deal with neighbor...what would you do?

nc IA
I am of the understanding that if you have an existing tile outletting through another property that is basically an automatic easement to repair and maintain it. But that being said it is not allowable for you to upsize the existing line unless there is a new agreement / understanding etc. (if you want to go from that 8" up to a 10" eg). NOW, that being said a beligerent person such as that I would do whatever possilbe to ensure going foward you had COMPLETE control via the outlet on your own land - you stated if I read right that the overall cost would be the same as what he "wishes" to charge for "supposed" prior maintenance. So at face value your in it the same money. Depending on slope / conditions etc I would also consider (given the past actions) adding a inlet (outlet) pipe at the end of your old main line right before the fence - so if there is great water pressure upland / uphill it has a relief to come out - may inspire the person to fix the tile then at that point. Given your stated prior actions in another field it appears you have gone out of your way to be respectfull and neighborly. Responses like that from your neighbor are unproductive for everyone.

Pulled TWO bloated, rotting, possem corpses out of one outlet this spring.... man that stunk!!.... no compromise in the two surface inlets, and a gated outlet - figured they were smart enough to use paws to open the gate and get in, then the gate must of wedged once they were in then they drowned..... Fun times with a shovel!! Get one of the damn things out (or most of it) and then look up with a light and see another !@#(&^%

Edited by FFJR 6/16/2009 23:13
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)