AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain Elevator Advice
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

OHIO78
Posted 6/2/2009 08:51 (#730070 - in reply to #729664)
Subject: RE: Grain Elevator Advice

Kenton, Ohio
my input to this would be to make sure you put the leg on top of the ground and not down in a pit. you'll appreciate it later in life when others are having the boots replaced and yours is still like new. another thing I would do is make sure it is galvanized. we bought an industrial heavy duty for our farm that does 6000/hr and my thinking was that since it was heavier built it will last longer but I think I may have been wrong on that.....dont get me wrong I like it but I will have to keep up on it with the paint unlike neighbors with their galvanized one that was built just as tough. i guess the brand that I would tell you would be creamer around here. they seem to be pretty popular or even a honeyville. not sure if you can get those in your area or not. one last thing to input on is that if it calls for a 20 hp motor put on a 25 hp motor just for that extra power if you need it.....(leg got shut off by accident when full) you'll appreciate that when the time comes also. and also get a amp meter to meter the amps so you know when you are getting close to full load amps on the motor and will also in return know the capacity of the leg so you can slow the pit screw down. sorry for being such a long reply. Good luck! We love ours the most because of all the time it saves from setting up augers!.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)