AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

D Newsom, "USDA CRAZY to have printed 955 bean Carry out."
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 1/13/2019 14:22 (#7242483 - in reply to #7242157)
Subject: RE: I read less than half the article and had to stop

southern MN
I don’t know Newsom at all, but I enjoyed your opinion and comments of him. Actual marketing stuff even!

The rest I don’t understand where you veered off at all. Is what it is and no matter. This is the firs president we get personal, immediate access to. He bypasses the filters and grooming past ones have hid behind. I find it refreshing. He speaks his mind, he says what common people say. Not all the bull previous ones regurgitated. Cringe at a few comments? Sure. Just like any other conversation I’ve ever listened to..... but it’s something real, accessible. Refreshing.

The USA has a two party political system, it turned into a machine a long time ago and we citizens simply get ground under the weight of those two machines grinding at each other. Congress does nothing, presidents don’t lead he country, they try to lead the party.

Congress is disgusting.

The current president is an island by himself, he got attached to one of the parties but is very very much an outsider, and fairly moderate in many things, conservative in business dealings.

He is the country’s last big hope to be something again, have some leadership and direction as a country. E isn’t beholden to either party, he is working for the country.

And all people can do is follow the media like lemmings to the sea, and hate, hate, hate.

You follow right into that script.

Was at an ag seminar this week someone asked the speakers what they thought of the current president. They ended up giving him an A for policy, C for personality, and wouldn’t ever want to work for him. Some of these speakers have worked in DC in high levels on both parties.

Personally I pretty much agree with them. The C rating doesn’t bother me, I care about the country and am interested in that A rating. I have no interest in ever, ever working in politics so I don’t care how difficult he is to work with. If both the conservatives and the liberals have difficulty working with him, that adds to my appreciation of of him..... I find congress as a whole contemptible and my bile and disgust is piled upon every one of that miserable body of individuals.

We are living in some exciting history, one of the few times in centuries a 2 party system is cracked in politics, and all e get is the drumbeat of hate?

I do not understand your position at all.

Apologies to all for my politics here I hope I’m calm, said my piece and understand when this all disappears.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)