AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking forward.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JC STONE
Posted 6/21/2020 11:56 (#8327331)
Subject: Looking forward.

Due to the fear stoked by the media and outright lies and ignorance by the health and govt officials, a lot has changed forever. Doubtful this virus will be eradicated or an effective vaccine will be produced. The question is how will govt react when there are subsequent outbreaks. We can't , we just can't shut er down again. I don't wear a mask anymore in public however I prolly won't go in a room full of people anytime soon. No more winter fert meetings for me. No more indoor farm shows for me Public restaurant maybe. I'm not a screaming Karen on this virus , however I'm going to stay home a lot more.
So with all that said, what does this have to do with marketing you may ask. A lot , our demand base has changed, less driving , less ethanol. Stability in our markets has been lost. What would it take to see $4 corn again. Barring a major drought this crop will be massive. It will take a weather event to move prices much unless there is a major breakthru with China. I know I seem a little negative today, however I don't think many realize the paradigm shift we are seeing. There may be a little story in beans.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)