AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking forward.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

tmrand
Posted 6/21/2020 23:22 (#8328606 - in reply to #8327432)
Subject: RE: Looking forward.

Southeast Colorado
I'll try to not be too critical here............because I understand that no one is born getting to decide their lot in life..........but,

Your above statement definitely helps me understand why you think that corn belt farmers have the upper hand and can grow corn cheaper than anywhere else. It's not that it's cheaper for everyone in the corn belt to grow corn. Merely cheaper for those with a land base handed down to them. I'd bet that there are perhaps some start ups or rent only farmers in the corn belt who would struggle harder than me trying to compete growing corn. I'm 2nd generation, but my folks weren't aggressive farmers. So all of my land I either pay full rent price, or full sale price. I have no free or reduced price land to farm.

Therefore,,,,,,,,,in reading your debate above with Dpilot.............I do think you've closed off your mind to the fact that APH really is NOT the determining factor of the end result. It is all about cost of production and return on your investment dollar. Heck, I've got a neighboring farmer who I'd bet can compete with anyone in the farming game. Their family owns thousands of acres, along with banks, grain elevators, feed lots, oil seed crushing plants (who take the oil all the way to the grocery store shelf), crude oil, you name it, they've got it. They aren't going to quit growing corn beside me anytime soon!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)