AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking forward.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Chief Illiniwek
Posted 6/21/2020 20:03 (#8328096 - in reply to #8328058)
Subject: RE: Looking forward.

West central IL
Folks, this is why corn is going to $1.85.

You're a smart guy and I've always respected your posts. But if you honestly think cost per bushel in deep black soil high organic matter ground that gets 40" of rain per year is such a high number that it can't compete with 100 APH ground because those that farm it are highly efficient and corn belt farmers can't adjust back to a lower price environment, I don't know what to tell you.

I guess it comes down to this: do you think demand will be 16 billion bushels? If we continue to grow 92 million acres, that's what supply will be. So if demand doesn't equal it, price is going DOWN. Prepare for it.

Bottom line, acres are coming out of production. And by the way, I know it's just easier to make me the bad guy who thinks all these non corn belt farmers should hang it up and quit. But I know there's plenty of acres that should and will stay in production in non traditional corn states. There's also plenty of Iowa and Illinois ground that will be going OUT of production.

Overall, my point is $1.85 is coming, because the demand run we've been on for 15 years is cracking, and posts like yours "arguing" for "fringe" acres is exactly why farmers will mostly ignore the USDA warnings and continue to plant 92 million acres of corn. You can make me the bad guy if you want. My family did $1.85 corn and we can do it again.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)