AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere Strike and Working for Big Companies???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

JDpastor
Posted 10/16/2021 12:05 (#9271968)
Subject: Deere Strike and Working for Big Companies???

An earlier post about the Deere strike and the "not my job" approach at large corporations got me to thinking about what I saw this last week. The city is having a sewer line dug in a block north of us. They had 4 guys there every day. I was working for a few hours on the lot right next to where they were working. One would run the excavator while the others watched. Then one guy would carry a large 8" sewer pipe by himself while the other guys just stood there. Then he would just stand there while the other guys installed it.
I watched something similar while waiting in the hospital waiting room a few years ago. A couple of guys were in a manlift working across the street. One just stood there and looked around and one of them used a caulk gun for a few minutes and then both just stood there. This went on for about an hour. I think there was another guy on the ground just standing or walking around a little. Not much was getting done.

This leaves me with a couple of questions:
With all the employment shortages we are having, how much of this is the result of jobsite inefficiencies?
Is this common on jobsites?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)