AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere Strike and Working for Big Companies???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Tomcat
Posted 10/16/2021 20:13 (#9272596 - in reply to #9271968)
Subject: RE: Deere Strike and Working for Big Companies???

Ludington/Manistee MI area

25 years in a union chemical plant.   The good workers will do what it takes to get the job done or atleast help.  Couple weeks ago we had an excavation that was over 4 foot deep well now it’s a CSE.  Trench boxes, extraction devices, air monitoring, and a lot more.  Anyway it was my baby.   Got it done and went to button it up.  Got the blessing to pull the box and basically pillings.   HEO said if finds helps he’ll pull stuff out my reply was let me get my harness.  I could have said sorry not my job he could have said sorry bud your not allowed.  Instead we worked together even roped a salary engineer into unhooking stuff.   When he back filled we both had shovels to do the finishing touches we both could have called for a laborer but didn’t.   Opposite example is we got a lazy millwright he screwed up a pump he changed out and now it leaks he demands an operator washes it off for him.    Depending on who comes in I’ve helped millwrights change pumps in the middle of the night to get me up and running and them back homes, I’ve helped welders move steel into place.   On the other side I’ve had crafts help me  do operator work.  I had a beam strap up in the superstructure only way to access was JLG an electrician was working in area with a JLG I asked if he’d grab it instead of me signing one out and harnessing up. Sure enough he did. 

The irony I see is a trade (farmers) that can’t be inconvenienced to steer a tractor talks about ambition.   

Edited by Tomcat 10/16/2021 20:32
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)