AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Toenail removal = Long night
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Bill Moyer
Posted 12/8/2016 10:58 (#5684391 - in reply to #5684089)
Subject: RE: Toenail removal = Long night

Coldwater, Michigan
Years ago (late 70's) a doctor put me in a hospital to remove roots on side of my left toenail. Something about it screwed up and my whole nail came off. Good enough? Well it grew back in but never went very far, maybe 1/2- 3/4 of the way. It just kept pushing and growing under what had already grown there. Never grew straight like normal after that. It would get very thick and start cutting into my toe below. After about 6 months I would use the clippers on it and finally remove it, tear it out of the back part of the duct. And for a few months no more pain!

In about 2005 I was complaining to my then doctor about how I was tired of having to tear it off every 6 months (25 years+). He was giving me this continuing song and dance about how as a diabetic I needed to take care of my feet. So he says hospital or my office? I told him I had been tearing it out in my bathroom for 25+ years, I didn't see any need of a hospital.

At the appointed time he asked if I wanted anything to numb it. I had been doing it myself w/o, but told him I would appreciate something. So he removed it with me watching. He at least got the roots and I have been more than happy with it the last 11 years. Sometimes the dog clips me with her toenail when she is playing and that hurts a bit!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)