AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well...it happened to me sometime during the night....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Von WC Ohio
Posted 5/18/2016 07:34 (#5307980 - in reply to #5307747)
Subject: RE: Well...it happened to me sometime during the night....

Install this little program to block updates to Windows 10 if you don't want the upgrade.

From Gibson Research the guy that developed the Shields Up port probe.

https://www.grc.com/never10.htm

I had previously hidden the update that Maxx Catt mentioned in this thread but saw that it got reloaded later after hiding it as an update. Persistent snoopers at MS want this update really bad for some reason to harvest data for who knows what purpose. 

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=575097

I went down this road before all be it from one train wreck of an operating system to another.

Windows 95 upgraded to Windows ME. Had to do it once upon a time to run a new CD burner. It was a bug infested mess that never worked properly after that. I don't think that overwriting a new operating system with another is ever a good idea. I also dislike updates that change stuff and cause me to spend countless hours searching online to resolve all the issues the update creates.

Lots of people have smooth updates seems "here" they always cause me more grief than solutions and some program always seems to think it knows better than I do how I want it to operate or function.

Best solution is cloning a drive in my book. Get things the way you want them then clone the entire drive all settings files, operating system and programs and store that away. Something gets fouled up install the cloned drive and your back in business. You still need to back up pics and files on a regular basis but a cloned drive eliminates a lot of time spent reinstalling and getting back to a good starting point.

Your mileage may vary.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)