AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well...it happened to me sometime during the night....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Omar
Posted 5/18/2016 21:02 (#5309120 - in reply to #5307028)
Subject: RE: Well...it happened to me sometime during the night....

Elmira, Ontario

I've got 10 on a tablet, laptop and a desktop now. In general, it works, but I've had a few glitches.

Overall, I like the user interface better than 7, but there are positives and negatives. All the programs I've tested work fine.

Where I don't like 10 is that I have had trouble with burning dvds. I ended up downloading a third party program on the recommendation of someone. I also had trouble opening files in password protected zip files, so I needed to download 7zip. In both cases Windows file manager used to just work. Now, it looks like it should work, but doesn't for me.

I had some trouble with using vpn to access our business network, but seem to have licked that problem with some crazy network resetting.

Part of my problem is that there isn't a good knowledge base out there yet for the types of problems I have. Most of the google hits end up being superficial stuff done by people that are passing themselves off as experts. That will change in the next while. It won't be long before the experts won't remember the Win7 tricks. Those that don't switch to 10 will find it harder to get good help.

So, you should be able to get back to where you were for most things, and ahead for others, but a few things will need to be changed. You are better off now, but it sucks having the timing forced on you.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)