AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well...it happened to me sometime during the night....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 5/18/2016 05:49 (#5307755 - in reply to #5307261)
Subject: RE: Well...it happened to me sometime during the night....

Chebanse, IL.....

DKO

I'll try & report program compatibility. I have a couple old ones. But, you know how after you spot a bad accident you're afraid to go look?

I need to get a plastic garbage can next to the computer before I attempt opening the old programs. Vomitus needs to be kept away from the keyboard.

Oh.....and another big thing.....I have (had) my home computer running on Win 7 also. At least it was last night when I went to bed.

Got up this a.m. & wife Theresa said...."before you go in the kitchen, I want you to know, I did NOT touch a thing on the computer.....it was like that when I got up....". She didn't have to say more. I knew what was waiting for me. But, so far, I have it going OK, now with Win 10.

I guess I understand the need to abandon the old systems, but why be sneaky about it? Why didn't Bill send me emails & say, "here's what's going to happen. Here's a YT video of what you will see. Here's some things you need to know before Win 10 installs...., etc". But no, you just wake up & get smacked in the face with it. I personally don't like those surprises.

I found this thread in Café Talk helpful to get things back "the way they used to be...".

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=632719&posts=11&highlight=internet

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)