AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Well...it happened to me sometime during the night....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 5/19/2016 12:32 (#5310026 - in reply to #5307028)
Subject: I just had a new popup I have not seen in regards to the Win 10 update

My popup I just saw said, "You're set! Your update is scheduled for May 20th at 12 AM! Click to re-schedule or cancel".

All the previous updates that I have seen said that it was ready to update now if I wanted to. This is the first one that I'm aware of that said my update was scheduled and would happen unless I made some input to tell it not to.

I guess my preference is to keep ignoring the updates. I want Windows 10  eventually but I would rather be able to keep my Windows 7 license for future projects and as I understand it, the Windows 10 upgrade basically turns your Windows 7 license into a Windows 10 license. So when I want to upgrade to Windows 10 I'll just pay for a license.

In the meantime I've been dual booting Windows 10 and Windows 7. Windows 10 updates work fine without a license. You just can't personalize Windows 10 unless you've paid for a license. There may be some other restrictions but as long as I can get updates, I feel like it's a secure operating system for experimenting with at least.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)