AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

For you guys posting that tillage promotes infiltration.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

knks
Posted 5/1/2016 09:45 (#5275383 - in reply to #5275310)
Subject: RE: For you guys posting that tillage promotes infiltration.

haskell county, ks
what i would like for people to understand is what really happens in fields and set aside prejudices and preconceived ideas and actually consider what you see when events happen. no till is a tremendous "tool" in the equipment lineup and so is some tillage. our area has been blessed with very nice rainfall recently and observing runoff is one way to evaluate practices. every meeting or discussion i have gone to says that no till will solve all the problems with a multitude of issues that tillage has caused and my observations is not so. i notill some but not continuous but neither do i use tillage all the time. my son is a commercial sprayer so no till is to his advantage. i have observed pear cactus and yucca growing in long term notill fields and spraying is not going to eradicate it. be glad to give someone a tour if you have disbelief. it not huge yucca, at least the combine keeps it trimmed back and this is on a field that is trying cover crops as well. point is about every practice has some short comings and i am trying to learn how to best understand what is going on in soils.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)