AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The 80's then... The teens now
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 3/5/2016 22:22 (#5158003 - in reply to #5157812)
Subject: RE: The 80's then... The teens now

Red River Valley
1980 is about correct in correlating cycle times In the fall of 80 sold what I was comfortable selling of 2 years worth of crops was sold out for the 80 crop what I considered reasonable production on the 81 crop and a portion of the 82 remember being pretty scared that I was going about it all wrong only an idiot would be doing that.

Not sure that the same opportunity will present itself by the fall of this year last year might have been 1980 gold has reacted the same way it did in that time frame also.

can only hope that opportunity comes along again this year.

I know by 82 I was wishing that somebody had did a better job of marketing my crop because at harvest of 82 beans were about 1/2 what they were in 80 and cost were still be held up more than one thought they should be

If my memory is correct some land that had been purchased on contract for deed in 1980 for a little over 1500 per acre was being forclosed on because the new buyers had not made a payment on it as of then.

remember the guy who bought it told me doesn't matter if you ever get it paid for it will always be worth more just need to control it, inflation will take care of the rest.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)