AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Syngenta may call you to testify
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Brandon SWIA
Posted 2/11/2016 13:03 (#5104114 - in reply to #5104044)
Subject: RE: The problem is ....

I have not yet signed up for the lawsuit, but I believe that the suit has merit and legal precedence. When one of the first Agrisure traits was originally introduced, it did not have approval from japan. I called to complain and was told to pound sand. Luckily, they got approval before harvest. That convinced me of Syngenta's plan of action for future traits. Push them to market, regardless of our customer's approval.

Syngenta introduced the trait knowing it would get into normal channels, if not just through pollen drift. After the rice settlement, they knew there was legal risk, but introduced it anyway. Syngenta was willing to risk our market to bring their trait to market and increase their profit. They were not concerned about farmers, why should we be concerned about them. The whole market drop is not due to their trait, but a certain, small amount is. I have never planted any Syngenta corn. If their wreckless, deliberate actions cost me $.10/bu, shouldn't I be compensated? They are doing the same thing with Enogen. Its a consistent pattern.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)