AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

last call for rural king seed rebate. and descisions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 2/6/2016 12:40 (#5092252 - in reply to #5091680)
Subject: RE: Seek and ye will find

North Central Illinois
I agree on the word "NO". Needs to be used more. With that said I still don't understand how so many people claim to manipulate DeKalb, Ag-Reliant brands and others. For most of the major companies there are territories for dealers. 30 years ago you could run all over hell and buy DeKalb, Pioneer, or others from anyone you wanted. That really isn't the case anymore. If you have a specific problem with your dealer they will let you switch but they will not let you jump from dealer to dealer and back again within the same company. In most companies that is a big no no. If you jump to another dealer that dealer is going to have his butt in a sling if corporate finds out about it. I know for a fact I cannot go to Southern Illinois or up to Wisconsin and buy DeKalb, Pioneer, or Agrigold. Do those kinds of things happen? I'm sure they do but it is against company policy and someone is risking their job to do it. I think that whole deal kind of sucks. You ought to be able to buy your seed from someone two states away if that is what you want to do but they have all but put a stop to that. I don't know about Beck's and some of the Syngenta brands, but I know DeKalb, Pioneer, and Ag-Reliant are that way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)