AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

last call for rural king seed rebate. and descisions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 2/6/2016 08:02 (#5091632 - in reply to #5091578)
Subject: RE: Seek and ye will find

North Central Illinois
How do you find a dealer that is "Behind the eight ball"? I suppose it depends a lot on brand but most dealers don't have a lot of wiggle room. The wiggle has to come from the company. I do know of a few instances where the dealer has gone rogue and made some wild deals by working something on the back side. That will eventually end up in a dealer getting canned it seems like. A lot of times if a dealer has a customer like yourself whom they know plays the price game really hard they will sell it to you for $30 bucks less than someone else. Say they sold you 200 bags @ $150 when the real price was $180. That is a discount of $6000 to you. They probably sold another 600 bags spread out amongst several people and charged them $190. These are the kind of games that can played to get business and keep volume up. Most times the companies don't sanction it but the dealers play the games. At least that is how it used to get played years ago. I have been out of that business for a long time so maybe there are some new scams going now days. The bottom line is that if you are getting it cheaper someone else is paying for it. The company isn't sucking it up and giving good ole Coup a sweet deal because he is such a savvy shopper. Not saying you aren't savvy because you sure seem to by everything cheaper than anyone else, but it isn't coming out of the pocket of the big companies.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)