AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

last call for rural king seed rebate. and descisions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 2/6/2016 07:10 (#5091523 - in reply to #5090993)
Subject: RE: Seek and ye will find

North Central Illinois
It's all about volume. I think he is pretty big farmer and I'm guessing he probably buys 2000 bags of corn or more a year. He is going to get a lot better price if he buys 1000 bags of XYZ than the guy who is buying 40 bags of the same corn. I think you could have bought non-gmo corn last fall for $140 to $150 if you paid for it then. I'm sure there are a few mom and pop local companies where you could get it cheaper than that. The little guy pays more so the big guy can pay less. Works that way with a lot of things. Of course there is zone pricing with a lot of companies too. I don't know what zone you are in but around here you will struggle to find RR corn under $200. That will be paid in the fall too. There is always a lot of talk from some guys about how cheap they buy stuff. Some of it is true and some of it is just talk. If someone came on here and said they were buying SmartStax corn for $250, someone else would pipe up and say they were getting the same thing for $200. It never ends. There may be some deals to be had this spring but I doubt it. Corn acres don't appear to be dropping significantly and seed companies are going to try to hold tight to their prices for this year. If things stay the same or get worse it is going to be really interesting to see what seed companies do come fall.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)