AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

aging in a rural area
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Suey
Posted 1/27/2016 11:22 (#5067643 - in reply to #5067589)
Subject: RE: aging in a rural area

WCIL

Does she know anybody at all in the  fancy clicky churches?   Get yourself an invite.   Just because these people have always gone to this church since their baptism  doesn't mean they won't accept others. If they aren't accepting of new people  then I'd have a talk with the pastor  and tell him that she isn't welcome by the church members.   Afterall,  the thief next to Jesus on the Cross has the same priviledges as those who were raised in the church.   Maybe she needs to start visiting churches so she can find one that is a good fit   for her.    Just keep going till you find one you like.     Offer to volunteer at the Sr. Citizen's center, so they can keep the doors open.  Women's club,  Lions, and Jaycees  now have women.   Red Hat Lady.  She sounds like a good one.    Does your bank have  "Golden 50's  account".   Ours offers a few bus trips a year.   Of course I can't go.   Go to the Assisted living and play cards with residents.   There is a woman who's Grandfather lives there and she plays cards with the residents on Sunday afternoons.   Her Grandfather doesn't even play.    I'd go in a do an activity at the AL  if I wasn't busy.   My MIL  wouldn't be there either.   Dementia keeps her from enjoying many activities now. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)