AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fires - JD 9000 Series Combines - Have Some Questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Whipper
Posted 8/11/2006 20:16 (#34768)
Subject: Fires - JD 9000 Series Combines - Have Some Questions

I recently purchased a JD 9510 ( 1999 model with 900 sep hrs). In the past I have seen several posts in regards to fires around the countershaft where it goes "through" the combine. At the time I read the posts I had a 6620, so the posts did not mean as much as they do now. I tried to search for the thread but was unsuccessful. Anyway it is my understanding that on some models there can be a problem where the countershaft goes from the gearbox behind the cab across to the right side of the combine and it was the fact that chaff/straw built up in this tube and can cause a fire. I have a couple of questions I need help with -

1. have I got the right area where the problem is located? At first I thought it was the main drive shaft from the motor where it goes through a tube to the gearbox, but when looking around I think people mean the main countershaft which runs behind the cab.

2. are 1999 - 9510's combines one of the ones that can develop this problem?

3. I blew the chaff from this countershaft "tube" from the right side of the combine to the left side. There is a good size hole to get a lance in on the right side.

4. Is there anything else I should be doing to prevent potential problems other than to keep this area blown free of chaff?

Sorry the post is so long - but I am concerned about a fire.

thanks for any help/replies
bill watson
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)