AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What did you guys do for fun as teenagers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CVA Farm
Posted 10/23/2014 06:44 (#4140983 - in reply to #4140863)
Subject: RE: What did you guys do for fun as teenagers?

NE S.Dakota

WE sure had some good times. Hunting, motorcycling,hot rodding, chasing girls. At one time I had a scabbard on my motorcycle, because I did not want to make a choice between riding  and hunting. I was never flush with cash, but made extra money by cutting firewood, and scrap iron out of abandoned farm places. That money was spent on cars, motorcycles, and guns. The summer of 75 was "the Summer of My Life" Started out with a motorcycle trip to Winnipeg, those kids knew how to party up there. Got kicked out of that country.

Seemed like the summer was one party after another, I attended a lot, but I was the sober guy  (enjoyed in moderation)who always got his buddies home, sometimes the sun was on it's way over the horizon. Had to get home for chores.

I picked up jobs building bins, fixing cars, driving tractor for neighboring farmers, was farming 2 quarters of my own.

The endless cruising the 4 lane, a lot of my friends went away to college at the end of the summer, many never returned. I had my share of powerful cars, I was soft for the Chevy SS models. 65 Impala SS, 63 Impala SS 409, 70 Chevelle SS 396, and my best and fastest effort a 69 Nova SS 396. Most of these I bought, fixed and sold. When I graduated High school I owned 4 cars and 2 pickups,1 Honda Motorcycle. At the end of the summer,we went on a motorcycle trip to the Black Hills,on to Yellowstone,Glacier Park, and back home through Canada. That was a big trip on a 360 Honda.

I did a lot of drag racing, both on the back roads, and Thunder Valley, near Marion, SD. I used to drive there, unbolt the headers, put in some new spark plugs, and a half tank of premium in Parker, race all day, and drive it back home. Yup those were the days.

1976  brought a drought, poor crops and sent me to town to work, got a girlfriend, got married in 78 sold off the toys. Worked in town and farmed for many years. Still managed to have a good time.

Guess what! Still having a good time,farming, riding motorcycles,hunting, fixing welding, living life!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)