AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What did you guys do for fun as teenagers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Boone & Crockett
Posted 10/23/2014 04:20 (#4140887 - in reply to #4140466)
Subject: RE: What did you guys do for fun as teenagers?

milofarmer1 - 10/22/2014 20:46

Southern Farmer - 10/22/2014 17:35

Yea, I knew of those boys that got to play all through their teens but didn't have time for that.

Yeah, me neither. And I didn't really want to. I guess I was a stick in the mud. I'd rather hit the doors running and head out to grandpa's or my uncles to get on the tractor as quick as I could. I was already farming my own rented farm my senior year.
i was farming my senior year also, and worked my butt off too, but I was not going to stay home and go to bed on a Friday or Saturday night. For some reason, I don't have a lot of fond memories of how hard I worked, which was plenty. I do think though if I were a teen today, I would probably not go out nearly as much as I did back then, simply because all those places I mentioned are long gone. Right or wrong, my parents never interfered with my social life. Never had to ask permission to go out, never had a curfew; stipulation was had to be able to do chores the next day, and I knew that. My folks always let me use their cars, and dad always gave me money to go out on. Was a pretty good arrangement for both of us, as my Dad was gone all week running 2 insurance agencies. I worked hard for Dad, but he always made sure I had some money in my pocket on the weekend. $50 would go a long ways back then. Tap beer at the local watering hole was a quarter, and cans were .75. Cover charges were usually a couple bucks to get in to the ballrooms. $20 would last me all night. $30 if had a date.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)