AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What did you guys do for fun as teenagers?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

School Of Hard Knock
Posted 10/22/2014 23:59 (#4140863 - in reply to #4139640)
Subject: RE: What did you guys do for fun as teenagers?

just a tish NE of central ND
Graduated in 80, Did a lot of things at are mentioned here at some point or another in my youth, but was kept a close watchful eye on by my parents for a long time..(wasn't all bad though and kept me alive) In my pre teen years, my cousin had started up a dance hall in our small town that he called the"EL_ROCKO".It was heavily used during its course of time that it lasted.WOW!!! Did that dance hall ever draw CROWDS! The one thing that I still remember besides all the young folks openly drinking and driving in the 70's is all the muscle cars that jammed our small towns main street on Saturday nights, game nights or dance nights .....jammed from end to end , bumper to bumper in the early to mid 70's,(yea, it had only about 300 people and was 6-7 blocks long and a little wider than that)Kids always played around with the city cops efforts to chase down the squealing tires and RAPPING OUT PIPES on the other end of town, over and over in different locations all night long...I always loved the power houses in those cars, the mechanical aspect and performance, and a bit of the wild driving craze too.. Always dreamed of being muscle car owner, never happened. Seemed it took funds I never could acquire working at home with family and milking. It was probably better that way though.Looking back, its still hard to see how so many kids had the rides they did with the little they did at home or without much for jobs. The farm kids parents seem to be able to fund things like that those days. Then slowly,,,,,,,, every part of it except the memories faded into the past.... We exported many many of our young people to different parts of the country that could give them a way to earn a better living than what was here for them....
Forgot to mention, I was never into sports, but like to fur trap and mess around with what ever mechanics find. I could, weld a little, and work with livestock and machines. As a young kid I did shoot a lot of gophers and sparrows/ pigeons/ after church on Sundays for something to do.. while dreaming of the muscle cars and women.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)