AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

83 y/o mother needs to stay at assisted living sisters say no.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

ihmanky
Posted 10/21/2014 20:27 (#4138742 - in reply to #4137771)
Subject: RE: 83 y/o mother needs to stay at assisted living sisters say no.

KY
Only you know the situation, because you are THERE. My Dad is 78, and my siblings give me grief already. I'm 3 miles away, he shows up every day by 7:30 to get to work without fail unless it's pouring rain or snow/ice on the ground, and those days he won't make it until up in the morning when the plows run. He's a little slower than he use to be, but can still go all day and into the night for a few days at a time. When the time comes, my Wife and I will take care of him as long as we are able, but when it becomes too much, we'll have to re-evaluate. I'm HERE, the other two are 140 and 500 miles away. What my Dad, my Wife and I determine to be the best will be what happens. Don't let them sway your decision because they don't want Mom "in a home"... Assisted living is far different than a nursing home, but when children wear out and families and business suffers from taking care of folks, tough decisions need to be made. I tell them when they whine, if they want things different, they need to pack their bags and come on down and participate with something other than their mouths. Not being rude, just being realistic. Funny how little family seems to care about you as long as they are not inconvenienced.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)