AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

83 y/o mother needs to stay at assisted living sisters say no.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Red/Green
Posted 10/21/2014 19:25 (#4138580 - in reply to #4138393)
Subject: RE: 83 y/o mother needs to stay at assisted living sisters say no.

Elizabethtown,KY
Suey - 10/21/2014 16:35

Use your POA.   She is where she needs to be.   She should not come home.   If sisters don't want her in AL  then they can take her to their house.   Don't let them guilt you.    Stand up to them.    Your mom/parents knew what they were doing when they gave you POA. 

Suey has it right, someone has to be the enforcer,

My dad and his 2 sisters both had it, his oldest sister was one that mom and dad gave me trouble over when I put her in a family care home, but in a short time they realized that I made the right decision, His 2 sisters were both old maids and mom and dad didn't want the responsibility of being POA for them, they both had let their paper work get in a terrible shape, one had let her medicare lapse. Between the 3 of them I had a terrible 10 year period in my life, looking back I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

I'm an only child and my mom is 91, thank goodness her mind is still good, she has had lots of health problems over the last year and has been in assisted living since Feb 17th after 2 stints in the nursing home last winter with back problems and then blood clots in both lungs. She is doing great now, and likes the social aspect of it, I asked her to go there in Feb when she got out of the nursing home until she got some strength back and after a month she decided to stay.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)