AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

sign at the cancer center in mason city iowa
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

John SD
Posted 10/21/2014 08:28 (#4137952 - in reply to #4137757)
Subject: Good post, KSU....

KSUFarmer - 10/21/2014 04:44

Guys, as Christians, we can only present our side of the story to non-believers. They choose to accept the challenge or not. God called on us to be fisher's of men, and we all have been fishing and know that we won't catch every fish. We can throw the lure out there and hope they bite on it. I also believe that presenting them with many Bible verses doesn't help our case in most instances. They always have a smart response like, "why would I believe a book that's over 2000 years old", or, "why would I listen to what a fiction book has to say". It's better to paraphrase what we know in the verse and present it that way. It's not as harsh to them and maybe it will foster questions and openness in their mind to want to open the book to see what else it says.

So, we all know that Ontario is one who will argue all day long from following his history on here. We can't make people like him become believers. We can pray for them, and offer kind words as Jesus would want us to and let them make their minds up when they are ready. To tell you the truth, sometimes I think these people are believers and don't want to come out and say it. Instead they insist on playing the devil's advocate and try to rub us the wrong way. They always sure know a lot about the good book, usually more than we as believers know.

So, that being said, I think they have a great interest in learning about God and want to walk with him, but also want to front a macho appearance at the same time. I figure I haven't wasted my time someday when I reach the pearly gates and they are as I predict them to be. But, had I not put forth the effort to believe and trust in the lord, and get to the gates of heaven and it does exist, I would be in a world of hurt and regret would be with me for eternity.

As a farmer, it still amazes me that every farmer out there doesn't see God and his works in everything they do. From the beautiful sunrises to the colorful sunsets, from cows calving to the crops growing, from picture perfect days to powerful storms that roll thru, and most of all thru our innocent children and families. He is everywhere.

+1000
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)