AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere Rant
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

denny-o
Posted 9/2/2014 06:48 (#4051390 - in reply to #4051370)
Subject: RE: John Deere Rant

Michigan - Saginaw County
The exact same thing is going on in many, many other industries.
Outboard motors. American brand names. Other than the very top of the line high horsepower engines - the prestige models -the others are all made overseas.
Autos too. American brand names. A significant portion of US brand cars are comprised of sub assemblies built in other countries with the large pieces merely bolted together here.
It has been going on for decades now. My 2001 Saturn has an English made engine (great little engine btw) We are finally noticing it in our farm machinery.

I am not sure how to change it - or even if it is possible to change it.
Electronics - transistorized radio/tv/personal computers - american inventions all. 99% imported today.
Clothing 99% imported
Shoes 99% imported
The vast majority of the products you see on shelves at your local stores are imported
So even if a part of the US citizenry vowed to buy only USA made products, it is likely impossible

And finally, I don't want to turn this into political bashing or a fan boi rant - However the facts are that the ACA is strengthening the trend by raising US manufacturers hourly cost of an employee thus making outsourcing even more attractive financially than it is now.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)