AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cash rents..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Posted 7/27/2014 08:00 (#3987860 - in reply to #3986445)
Subject: RE: Cash rents..

Eastern, IN
garvo - 7/26/2014 08:32

hmmn-your business model for yourself doesn't mean its a business model for someone else
didn't you comment 2388 you could grow your business every year-if I remember rite it was a very arrogant post
maybe those guys you rented the ground away from can now rent ground
it's just not all black and white-I wonder why you would be concerned about your fellow renter farner's
I guess a lot of us renter's feel we do a good job,with a lot of ground rented on a hand shake here in Iowa
I know a lot of my landlord's don't want to be treated as business only-lot more to it then that
Some of the best landlord,rent'er-relationship's are respect and willing to give and take
It might be business to you but others it's a lifetime of lives that effect both parties.
I always wondered about those guys that gave bonus payments on top of there agreed rent-
personally if I was a landlord -I would think it was telling me I was to cheap on the rent to begin with and you felt guilty-now in reverse your trying to make the landlord feel guilty of wanting rent-it's probably not like they are expecting a bonus or they would have it in the contract>?
Our co-op overcharged for nh-3 1 year about $200 a ton and gave rebates to fall customers-I went down the road and bought it at $75 ton less and got no rebates
My neighbor rented a farm and made good money-he gave the landlord extra that fall as he made great money
The landlord sent him a cancelation of the lease -thought the guy insulted him with the extra cashcheck and thought he wasn't charging enough rent in the first place-maybe you are getting educated on human's-not everyone fits your model of business-

Thank you for your insight. I can pick up farmland every year. If you read the post above you will see I have a another new farm contracted for next year. When you rent a new farm, YOU should pull soil samples and then it still takes a few years to truly understand what kind of farm it is or could be. If it is a POOR farm and you don't any money on it because of past fertility issues or major tile issues or.....sometime it makes sense to let someone farm it instead of trying to polish a turd into something it isn't.

On the relationships of tenants and landlords: I have developed strong relationships with several landlords. No way does that change the fact that it still business.
We must live in different worlds. I have yet to meet someone that would cash an extra check and get mad about it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)